Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney ready to answer your questions in a variety of areas.
97407003

My husband passed away and has a life insurance policy but

My husband passed away and has a life insurance policy but no beneficiary listed...I was told I have to be declared the administrator. There is no estate except the possibility of some ins. We live in Georgia and I was also told that I may need to get an attorney to handle this...I do not have money for that. I just need to know what forms to fill out and if I have to list his grown son
JA: Have the trust documents been finalized? What are the basic terms?
Customer: Nothing has been filed because he did not leave anything
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I dont mind

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your husband rests in peace.

On a life insurance policy, if no one was named, or if the named beneficiaries did not survive the insured, then, usually, the estate is considered to be the beneficiary. If the estate is the beneficiary, the estate is going to have to open a probate proceeding and an executor or personal representative must be appointed by the court. Probate is the official way that an estate gets settled under the supervision of the court. The purpose of probate is to prevent fraud after someone's death. If you click here, you can see the forms and contact information to your local GA court.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you

Also, I have seen a number of people let windfalls slip through their hands. If you click here, you can see a book that personally recommend as I used it to get my own money issues in order.

It’s my pleasure! Follow up questions are free so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Hi, I noticed that we never had a chance to reconnect on this. I’m totally ready to help. Did you have any follow up questions for me or any other facts to add? If not, would you be so kind as to rate your opinion of my service?