Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney ready to answer your questions in a variety of areas.
97407003

I just purchased a home which has Private Road

I just purchased a home which has Private Road Acknowledgement which also includes a "Lake access agreement" The wording on the agreement is as such: "Said parcel is toghether with a Lake access agreement in part of "and then goes on to explain the location. The access listed is about 90 ft wide and narrows somewhat at the water's edge. There are tons of trees and brush restricting access. Before I go to the neighbor to ask permission, I was wondering if generally, lake access would include the maintenance of the right of way, the same as the private road into our area does
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes.. the deed is recorded and includes "deeded lake access of a strip of approximately 90 feet wide.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That would be it

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.

So, it seems like you are the easement holder in this case. Generally, the easement holder has responsibility for maintaining an easement. The law is clear on this so you would not necessarily need to ask the neighbor's permission to clear out those trees and brush restricting access. If you're having trouble removing trees, you can call someone on Thumbtack.com to help you out or you can click here to purchase a stump remover if it is super stubborn.

Follow up questions are free so did you have any additional questions? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Hi, I noticed that we never had a chance to reconnect on this. I’m totally ready to help. Did you have any follow up questions for me or any other facts to add? If not, would you be so kind as to rate your opinion of my service?