LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

How do I ask a legal question, California, not yet, it just

Customer Question

how do I ask a legal question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, it just happened yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

1. What is your question?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience. I look forward to assisting you.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, sorry for the late response.2 weeks ago my at the time boyfriend, a medical doctor, ran some blood work on me. I consented to 1 test but without my permission he ordered an additional 3 tests I was not even notified of. While he did not charge me for any of the test I feel my privacy has been invaded and trust broken. I verbally told him I am only consenting to 1 test and his response was that was the only test being run. Do I have a case for malpractice?Shana
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Shana,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I think that you have a case for Invasion of Privacy. But because you suffered no actual medical harm, I do not see a viable claim for medical malpractice. And you never file suit for malpractice---which will cost you upwards of $50,000 to $100,000 in legal costs just to get to trial to collect for what amounts to Invasion of Privacy.

You will want to sue the creep in small claim court for Invasion of Privacy.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug