Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Attorney Tina. I strongly feel that I am being a victim of

Customer Question

Good Morning Attorney Tina. I strongly feel that I am being a victim of mental and cruel abuse as a 100% paid TOTAL and PERMANENT Vietnam War Veteran since arriving here in Florida from NH in 2015. My disability is based on Acute Anxiety for which I take Klonopin to aid again Anxiety and Anxiety Attacks. Since I have been here, my dosage has been reduced by Psychiatrists (2) of the VA that I don't even KNOW and dosage decreased now from 5 grams daily to 1 gram daily. I have been told this is totally against the law to receive medicine, increased or decreased, by doctors that has NEVER GIVE ME THERAPY AND I DON'T KNOW. I am a wreck carrying around a sandwich bag for hypoventilation when I feel the anxiety reaching attack stage. This is cruel and mental abuse/treatment.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have seen an attorney in Fort PIERCE and knew immediately she didn't want to tackle the situation even though she claimed she worked in this field on the phone. Also, I have visited the office of Congressman Mast and written to Pat Bondi, Attorney General and a lengthy letter Certified to President Trump which has been signed for but yet a reply.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: With no help or assistance, I had to go to a Psychiatrist in Stuart, FL. at $450 for consultation and $290 per visit and he totally agrees I justify the intake of 4 daily.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What you are claiming is medical malpractice. So what you need in FL is another local FL doctor who would be willing to testify in court that the reduction of your medication is "below the standards of care" and in that case you could sue the doctors who decreased you for malpractice and the damages it has caused you.
Once you have a doctor who is willing to testify, then you go to a local medical malpractice attorney who will send a letter to the VA and the doctor explaining the malpractice claim and your support for your claim. The VA then has a right to respond and deny the claim and if they do so, then you have to sue in US District Court.
The FL Secretary of State, your congressmen or the President cannot help on this process you need to take.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fabulous.....wonderful and new info and device

Thank you for your reply.