Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Is there a buyer's remorse law covering motor homes in

Customer Question

Is there a buyer's remorse law covering motor homes in Georgia?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?
Customer: The state is Georgia, and the unit is new.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was talked into financing but I prefer to pay cash.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Georgia has a limited three day cancellation of a contract under very limited conditions:

A contract may be canceled if:

• It involves the sale, lease or rental of goods or services for personal, family or household use; and
  • It is a written agreement between two or more parties, listing all details of the agreement and signed by all parties; and
  • The commitment totals $25.00 or more, including interest, mailing charges and any other charges related to the agreement; and
  • It was entered into at a place that is not the regular place of business of the merchant, such as your home, a consumer product party, a seminar sales program or a hotel room; some exceptions apply.

If you purchased the RV at a show rather than at the dealership you may be able to cancel. Otherwise the contract is binding.

I am sorry that this may not be what you wanted to hear, but I would not want to mislead you.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow up question and I do not respond immediately it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

See:

http://www.georgiaconsumerlawyer.com/lemon-law-rights/cooling-off-period/

http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer-topics/canceling-a-contract