How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26747
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Defendant in .y, Defendant in my case has two attorneys

Customer Question

Defendant in .y
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Defendant in my case has two attorneys represent him. Because the limitations for small claim actions are limited to seventy-five hundred dollars and hiring an attorney would put it over the threshold, can I request the case be heard before county court a d having the amount requested be amended?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Did file the small action with the court. Defandant was served with summons. The notice that tb
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The notice that the defendant obtained two attor eys came several weeks after defendant was served.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.
Good evening. What state is this filed in? It appears it got cut off above ?