Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I believe i inherited a life insurance policy but the

i believe i inherited a life insurance policy but the exsector wont let me see the will. i believe he cashed it in and took the money as ive found out all it takes is a signnature and ssn which my mom kept in her safe . the person in question is my no good brother
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i dont know anything because my brother wont let me see the willis
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

What do you mean that you "inherited" a life insurance policy? Who was the insured?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
my name is ***** ***** my mom passed on about a year ago and left my brother in charge of her business and now my brother will not let me look at the will and by the way hes acting there is something that he dont want me to know. my stepson and daughter were left life ins. policys and im sure i was left one but theres something he is hiding from me and i need to find out. im sure i was left a policy but im sure he found a way to cash in on it

Has the will been filed? Has an estate been opened in the probate court?