LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Experience:  General practitioner with diverse legal experience.
60109343

I need an employment lawyer. I was fired and might have a

I need an employment lawyer. I was fired and might have a case for age discrimination per the EEOC.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have not yet filed with the EEOC, just spoke to them. and have the forms to fill out
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was a model employee, just received a merit raise and bonus, was dealing with a very incompetent contractor. I reprimanded him for being late as we had a project to finish. He complained to HR and I was fired. I want to know if legally I can get a copy of my last performance review.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, Texas has no law entitling an employee to a copy of their personnel file. This means that in order to legally compel your employer to provide a copy, you would need to file a lawsuit and then subpoena the performance review through the litigation process. The EEOC may subpoena records in the course of their own investigation, though, but it would be up to them to do this. It seems the review is relevant to assessing whether your employer's stated reason for termination was merely a fabricated pretense to conceal their true motive of age, so I can definitely see the EEOC wanting to get a hold of that.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you, my letter is being written to EEOC. If I need further assistance, I will contact you.

Very well. I wish you luck with your case and hope I was able to answer your question.

Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes.