Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

We are looking into protecting our homes from any lawsuits.

JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have ongoing lawsuits, or just possible ones, or nothing at all right now?

.

Are the deeds in your names personally?

.

What is your legal question I can help with?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
To protect us for any possible legal situation in the future. Deeds are in our name. How I can protect the homes? What kind of Trust and the cost? Thank you.

You could deed the properties into an LLC, or put them into an irrevocable trust that you have set up. You could file the LLC paperwork yourself with the Sec of State to form an LLC or use a site like Rocketlawyer or LegalZoom to set up an LLC or the irrevocable trust at minimal cost...maybe a couple hundred dollars..

.

Then you would have to have deeds prepared locally by an attorney or title/closing company to transfer the properties into the new LLC or Trust and that will do it.. Deeds are around $100 each..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you.