Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

There is a person that called and told me I have a

There is a person that called and told me I have a Government Grant for $9,0200.00 The phone says New York. but they want me to send a $200.00 gift card from Walmart so they can get the number on the card to see if my credit card is good and they said that they will put the money on my card as soon as they varafife me
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: The say Washington DC That is where they sais I Picked to recive the Government check
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will I be charged because I don,t have any money
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Ah...I just saw that you were asking if there is a fee.

There is a fee for this service. If you wish to get a refund, you'll need to go through customer service as experts don't have access to customer accounts or billing.

You can access customer service here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Or email***@******.***

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No Thank you I thought by me giving you $5.00 you could at least let me know if this is a scam or not

No, the $5 is the initial deposit, but experts are paid an additional fee for this service.

I'll opt out, in the event that there is an expert who wishes to answer the question.

No need to reply back to me, as the site will only send the question back to me to answer, which can delay other experts from seeing it.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I am a different expert.

Yes this is a scam. All government grants are free. They must be applied for, are never given to private citizens, but go to organizations to further their good works. If you think you may be eligible for a real one, go to www.grants.gov and see if there's one listed you could apply for.

See this about grant scams here.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.