LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Experience:  General practitioner with diverse legal experience.
60109343

I have a question for my friends sister. She was let into a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question for my friends sister. She was let into a bar with a fake ID that said she was 23 (she is actually 20) after this bar served her drinks for two hours they came around and checked her Id and then proceeded to kick her out.... question is could she sue the bar even though she was underage
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalPro54 replied 1 month ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did she suffer an injury or some kind as a result of receiving the drinks? Also, why would they recheck her ID once she was admitted to the bar? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She suffered no injury and I am not sure the bar had been open for apparently 2 hours and about to close and they just went around checking everyones IDs around the table even though most of them were 21. They are apparently didn't notice that one of her friends was a fake and let her stay in the bar.

Thank you. There would be no basis to sue. Foremost, because there was no injury, and without an injury that are no damages to be compensated for in civil court. Second, because there is unlikely to be liability, since the bar did not act unreasonably by admitting someone who presented identification indicating they were of age.

I hope this answers your question. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....