LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My niece whom I have treated like a daughter for all her 60

Customer Question

My niece whom I have treated like a daughter for all her 60 something years text me to tel me her son was very sick I waited for 2 weeks to call her eve though I sent him a get well message .I called no answer then she text me back with a hateful reply and said if I want you to know anything I will callyou . I was startled and so I texted her to see what had to mAke her say that
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: her say that > I sent her several messAges trying to figure out what was wrong at one time she texted me and called me a f bitch I went off oh her and then yesrterday I had a lawyer call me and told me no to call her again I live inTennesee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I said I won't . Two deputies showed up at my home bit I wasnt home and I never heard another word Nothing has happened today and the attorney sAid he wanted to talk to me before or if he did anything > I told him she had texted me several times also , We sound like a bunch of red necks but I am a 76 year old decent woman who taught school and has never had one thing said aginst me until now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it I am confused
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Linda,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What would you like to know? How can I assist you?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does my niece have just reason to have a warrent taken out against me. I did not view my discussion with her to be harrassment . When her attorney called me I told him I would never contact her again and understood that was al to it. I did ask him to tell her like wise not to contact me . For some reason 2 deputies came to my door yesterday but I was not home only someone saw them I have heard nothing else from anyone concerning this .My niece is unstable and has done this to other family members but I have only tried to help her .she called me a terrible name as I toldher attorney texted it to me . Should this be any reason to have her to have me arrested and for what I wonder/We sound like we are red necks but I am not I am a 76 year old former teacher who has never had one word said against me She is capable of doing what ever she wants to her family /Thankyou
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Linda,

A warrant? No, there is no justification for a warrant. But your niece doesn't have the legal ability to issue a warrant. No one is gong to issue a warrant against you. At most, if she convinces a judge with a bunch of lies that you are harassing her she could ask for an order directing you not to contact her any further. But that is not a criminal matter, but a civil matter and you would not be arrested or have a warrant issued for you by any judge.

You may reply to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I can address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug