Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am requesting a lawyer with real Texas probate experience.

Customer Question

I am requesting a lawyer with real Texas probate experience. Not someone who is just going to read me something off the computer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am from Texas. I have probate experience. What can I answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This specifically concerns the case of a daughter who had always been told by her mother that she would inherit the house owned by her mother and my father.1. Dad's wife killed herself in 2011. I came to live with him at that point because of his dementia --not alzhiermers.2 Dad's wife was required to give him 1/2 ownership of her house in 1991 because she did earn enough money to finance remodeling she wanted to do.3. I asked dad to change his will after I moved down here because:
A. He earned 3x the money his wife made and paid for the house
B. Her daughter was given cash from her mother's will
C. Dad has a special needs child.
D. Daughter has no special emotional attachment to the house. She has lived in DC for years and would probably sell.
E. Dad and his wife lived in the house for 31 years prior to wife's death
F. Daughter and mom were estranged for years due to mom's bipolar disorder
G. Leaving life by suicide takes all agreements off the table to my way of thinking.Sorry this took so long but i have a broken shoulder. i am will to pay for cites. thanks,
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Okay. Well first of all, we need to add some names. Not real ones, but simply for me to keep track, because when you use family relations (sister, mother, dad, wife), I can lose track.

So, say you are Daisy. Daisy was promised by her biological mother (Mom) that she would inherit the home owned by Mom and Daisy's biological father, Frank. Frank has dementia. Mom gave Frank 1/2 of interest in the home prior to passing. Now, Frank has dementia and no Will. Daisy is asking if she can inherit the home. Correct? If incorrect, please provide the correct version. And, does Frank and Mom have any more children? Via themselves or another spouse? Please be specific.

If

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
C. Dad has a special needs child.
Dad has 5 children, one with schizophrenia. You can call me Rachel
His wife we will call Marge has one child, Daisy.The house is modest but nicely remodeled. Worth maybe $150k.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
C. Dad has a special needs child.
His wife we will call Marge has one child, Daisy.The house is modest but nicely remodeled. Worth maybe $150k.Me, Rachej, one of dad's daughters, asked him to re-do the will so 1/2 would be left to us 5 children and 1/2 to Daisy.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
I am confused because I do not know if "dad's wife" is your mother, etc. Please, can you reply in the verbiage that I provided, changing it as needed?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
C. Dad has a special needs child.
G. Leaving life by suicide takes all agreements off the table to my way of thinking.Sorry this took so long but i have a broken shoulder. i am will to pay for cites. thanks,Dad's wife is his 2nd wife and is not my mother. We will call her Marge. Marge had only one child, Daisy. Dad's 5 children are all from his 1st wife. Dad and Marge did not have any children together.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
C. Dad has a special needs child.
His wife we will call Marge has one child, Daisy.The house is modest but nicely remodeled. Worth maybe $150k.Me, Rachej, one of dad's daughters, asked him to re-do the will so 1/2 would be left to us 5 children and 1/2 to Daisy.you can call me if you want 210 434 1116
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry, the cite is not taking my payment info. i will just say goodbye and thanks for trying.