Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Needing an attorney in texas to draft a cease and decist

Customer Question

needing an attorney in texas to draft a cease and decist letter concerning defamation and slander
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is stemming from a joint filing of assault charges on sunday 1/10/17 Criminal attorney told me to find an attorney to draft a cease and desist to stop her defaming my character on social media and through contact with family, etc
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
When do I get contacted?
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Hi. I'll be happy to help with this, but it is a Premium Service. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?

Do you want a template that you can send out? Or, do you want a letter sent out on my letterhead? Thanks.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what is available ???
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

I can do either. The template would be available for a much lower price than a letter send on my letterhead.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
On the template, how will the intended target see that it is from an attorney???? Does template have your letter head???
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

No, the template would not be on my letterhead. Rather, it would be from you and indicate that you've consulted an attorney and are sending your letter based on that consultation.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much is that, versus one with your letterhead. Because example cease and desist letters exist online. I am needing the impact felt that I have an attorney and I mean business.
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

In that case, you'd want it sent on letterhead from an attorney. Otherwise, you can access one online. I'll extend the offer for a letter sent on my letter head. You should receive it shortly. You can then decide if you would like me to help you with this.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The same amount I was quoted from a local attorney
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

I understand. It's up to you. No worries either way.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Assumed it would be lower seeing it is online help. How can we work on the price ???
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

I understand. I'll opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully handle this for you at a lower price. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 13 days ago.

I am licensed in Texas and may be able to assist.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much for a cease and desist letter

My fees would be about $600-$750 depending on complexity.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Don't accept me. You are 2.5 times higher than most attorneys I have spoke too
Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 13 days ago.

Where in TX do you want the letter sent?

What do you consider to be a fair price?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am in. Azle Texas. Which is Tarrant County. I really can only pay around $150. As there are multiple cease and desist letters on the internet, it is my intention to complete a basic letter myself, and then to forward to you. I really only need the attorney to briefly overlook, and then out cut and paste and put on their letterhead and sign and send. Estimate 10 minutes of work. Please work with me. I am without much funds.
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 days ago.

Please go ahead and draft the cease and desist letter for my review and upload it. I will feel more comfortable giving a "Yes" or "No" after I see what it is that would go out on my letter head. Also, please know that the hire agreement would be strictly limited to sending this letter and no additional work without a prior agreement in writing. If that is acceptable to you, then please proceed with sending me a draft letter. Thank you.