Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If I filed for bankruptcy over 15 years ago, can a credit

Customer Question

If I filed for bankruptcy over 15 years ago, can a credit card company still deny me a credit card due to that bankruptcy, because they were one of the companies included in the bankruptcy
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: Minnesota. And it was filed over 15 years ago. We were having financial hardships at the time, because my daughter was dying at the time.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I got a letter today saying the reason I was turned down for a Citi/Costco was I had filed a bankruptcy with one or more of their accounts. This was way back in 2001
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so, but I feel like I'm being discriminated against. Because my credit is in good standing my score is around 670. All because I had a bad patch with my dying daughter they're still holding it against me
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any reason to believe you are being denied credit due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?