LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have abusiness. I wasent keeping up with my account. I

Customer Question

I have abusiness. I wasent keeping up with my account. I have written 2 bad checks totaling over 60,000. The company that i wrote the checks to have a check service who has been in contact with me. I cant pay on the checks right now, my business just died, and I have no money coming in. I thought I could cover the checks because I usually keep a high balance in my account. In your oppinion does the check company want to put me in jail, or would they prefer to set up a payment plan with me.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i got something from them on one of the checks but nothing yet on the second. Im scared to the point of suicide im afraid to say, because I dont want to go to jail.
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: no, im not going to do it, but when your in this kind of a situation, it crosses your mind
JA: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you?
Customer: what is your oppinion on my situation, do you think the check company will want to work with me or prosicute me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: im bipolar and manic depressent, and i cant think straight amymore
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was sent a temporary password, but it keeps taking me here
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The check company would prefer that you not go to jail because that would prevent you from working and paying back the money that you owe. So, in all likelihood, they are interested in working with you to have you pay the debt, and not to place you in jail where you cannot work and earn money.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. There is no cost to you related to your rating my service to you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in the New Year,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug