LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I am a massage therapist and Acupuncturist I have been

Customer Question

I am a massage therapist and Acupuncturist I have been subpoenaed by the Insurance company to give a deposition and produce documents, as this means about 6 hours with travel who should pay for this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you share with me who State this is in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
connecticut

Thank you. Yes, if you are being deposed, you would need to be compensated for mileage and time and should be entitled to a witness fee, for the deposition. It should be paid by the party who is deposing you. As such, you can contact the attorney who sent the subpoena and is working for the insurance company and speak with them about being compensated.

http://www.easylawlookup.com/Connecticut-Law/Title-52-Civil-Actions/par-1108/_easylookup.blp?GO=Prepare&site=easy&print=&data=title_52&p_start=53&p_end=53&p_para=1108&p_epara=1117&par=1108&displayer=YES

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!