Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a massage therapist and Acupuncturist I have been

Customer Question

I am a massage therapist and Acupuncturist I have been subpoenaed by the Insurance company to give a deposition and produce documents, as this means about 6 hours with travel who should pay for this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: CT
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have only give the notes and billing to the patient.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The party commanding the deposition (assuming you are not a party to this case) would be liable for paying your professional witness fees. You need to make a call to the party who served you and let them know your regular hourly rate for payment as you do qualify as an expert witness and for expert witness fees.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.