Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was just not given my LTC permit because in 1984 someone

Customer Question

I was just not given my LTC permit because in 1984 someone charged me with assult .The charge was thrown out and sealed. I did not remember the incident and answered in the negative when asked if I was ever been charged with a crime on the application.Is this reversable?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Mass.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed the form and took the necessary training and $100 payment. I have the copy of the court form from 1984
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you can appeal the denial based on the fact you were never convicted and based on the length of time passed you honestly did not remember the case. This is done by filing for a hearing in the MA District Court where you present evidence of the age of the case and the fact it was dismissed and sealed and the court may issue a certificate of relief for the LTC permit to be issued.
So you need to file a petition for relief with the District Court in the town where you applied for your permit and present the evidence to the court from the court records and ask the court to order the issuing of the LTC.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank You I will do that

Thank you for your reply.