LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Is there a defined policy for wheelchair patrons going

Customer Question

Is there a defined policy for wheelchair patrons going through security, what is the TSA policy?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 13 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, in regard to wheelchairs, a TSA officers will screen wheelchairs and scooters to include the seat cushions and any non-removable pouches or fanny packs. Items will be tested for traces of explosives, and removable items will undergo X-ray screening.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do they roll the chairs through the walk thru mags? do they 'wand' the customer is they do not go through the mag?

Yes, if possible. Walkers, crutches, canes or other mobility aids and devices must undergo X-ray screening. A TSA officer will inspect the item if it cannot fit through the X-ray. Notify the TSA officer if you need to be immediately reunited with the device after it is screened by X-ray.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Trying to find pout if the PATRON is subjected to hand help wanding if they cannot roll thru the Mag, or even if they do, do they then use a hand held metal detector on the patron?

Yes, they are. If you are able to stand with your arms above your head five to seven seconds without support, you may undergo screening through advanced imaging technology or the walk-through metal detector if you are able to walk through without support.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks
You are welcome and please let me know if there is anything else. If not I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time so the site will provide me with the proper credit.