How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9170
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband sold his home in January 2016 for he paid

Customer Question

My husband sold his home in January 2016 for he paid 119.oooto the for capital gains, is that a sufficient amount or is that an overpayment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question.

The answer is yes, the sale created a taxable capital gain, but you may be able to avoid it if you file a joint return, otherwise he can avoid the tax on $250,000 of the capital gain, see

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Legal Questions