DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I I got married in Mexico my wife is a Mexican national and

Customer Question

I I got married in Mexico my wife is a Mexican national and I want to get a divorce she is presently in Mexico my question is does she have to sign the papers for the divorce oh can I get divorce without her signature.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My question falls under family law and immigration. I married a woman in Mexico. It took 3 1/2 years to get her visa to come into the country. During that time, We did not consummate the marriage. When she came into the country, the situation was not right. She went back to Mexico claiming she needed to get medication. But I know she seeing someone there. When her green card did come, I cut it up and send it back to immigration service with a letter explaining the situation. My question is, can I dissolve the marriage or get a divorce without her signature? She refuses to give me an address to send any papers for her to sign. California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you can file for divorce in California without her permission or signature.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
10+
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the question using the smile faces. Also, feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.