How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 690
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I I got married in Mexico my wife is a Mexican national and

Customer Question

I I got married in Mexico my wife is a Mexican national and I want to get a divorce she is presently in Mexico my question is does she have to sign the papers for the divorce oh can I get divorce without her signature.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: My question falls under family law and immigration. I married a woman in Mexico. It took 3 1/2 years to get her visa to come into the country. During that time, We did not consummate the marriage. When she came into the country, the situation was not right. She went back to Mexico claiming she needed to get medication. But I know she seeing someone there. When her green card did come, I cut it up and send it back to immigration service with a letter explaining the situation. My question is, can I dissolve the marriage or get a divorce without her signature? She refuses to give me an address to send any papers for her to sign. California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you can file for divorce in California without her permission or signature.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the question using the smile faces. Also, feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.