Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If you retain a lawyer to defend your son and then he plea

Customer Question

If you retain a lawyer to defend your son and then he plea bargains and my son was sent to prison, is it fair for this lawyer to keep your money in the state of North Carolina. I am talking about $15,000 to retain him and then he doesn't do anything for him!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, my sister saw this on Dr. Phil today and I thought I would check it out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happened in 2009. Is there a statute of limitations?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Carolina, it was in the first statement I sent you!
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Attorneys are not allowed to promise or guarantee the outcome or results of a criminal case. The fee which they are paid and earned, is not contingent on the outcome. Even though your son went to prison, it would not entitle you to a refund of any monies paid. I know you are upset about this and were hoping for a better result but if your son wanted to take a plea because he had no legal defenses and the State had a strong case, it does not mean a refund has to be issued.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you...I'm DONE with lawyers anyway!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nope...no phone calls!!!

You are welcome.