Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband defaulted on his AX card. He wants to pay the

Customer Question

My husband defaulted on his AX card. He wants to pay the bill, the date just needs to change. He has a court date. The court already ordered the default. Is there anything he can do. He's not contesting the amount due.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. Circuit Court sent him a summons because of the default on payemnt
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no American Express filed one count of breach of contract on Aug 25. 2016.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. When you say "the court has already ordered default," what do you mean - what has happened? has the Plaintiff already received a default judgment? And, what do you mean that the date just needs to be change[d]? Please, explain.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!