Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am trying to get my drivers license back, suspended over 7

Customer Question

I am trying to get my drivers license back, suspended over 7 years ago for DUI. Twice I have entered the DUI classes and paid the fees, however, I failed to complete all of the classes. The last time, approximately 5 years ago, I only had 2 classes left, but family circumstances prevented me from finishing. Is there any way to finish the classes without starting from scratch, so that I can get my license back?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, no. DMV says the classes must be taken and they must be finished or you have to start from scratch I understand you have family issues, but DMV does not look at that. If your license is important to you, then to get the license reinstated you need to take the class and finish it this time.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.