ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I heard that you can do community service online, charlotte

Customer Question

i heard that you can do community service online
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: charlotte nc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what you mean
JA: I hope not.
Customer: i have a case on me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how do i get my paper signed for my hours
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

You need to get permission from the court to do so to get signed off on your hours. You would want to talk to the court clerk (unless there's a specific contact to deal with regarding community service, in which you would want to talk with that person). "Community service" is an alternative form of "punishment", and as such it's entirely up to the judge to determine what that means. In other words, community service does NOT mean what you think it means, but rather means what the judge thinks it means, and that means that you're going to have to get permission from the court for whatever community service you do. Often the court will give orders and other guidance documents as to what this means, but not necessarily.

As to getting the paper signed for your hours, that would be with the organization that handles the online community service. You'd have to contact them. They probably have a "contact number" or "contact information" link on their website, but regardless who you go through to do community service, it's going to be the organization that signs off on it, and ultimately that's a real person that's going to put pen to paper (or at least finger to keyboard to write a letter to the court) and so you're going to have to get the organization to sign off on it.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 12 days ago.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.