Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I am a landlady with a property that 2 occupy on the lease.

Customer Question

I am a landlady with a property that 2 occupy on the lease. He wants out due to several issues with her, mostly financial
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: She has been a problem for me as well, with 3 bounced checks in as many months of occupancy. Thus, I am happy to release both from the lease and only withhold security deposit. Is this feasible? The lady threatens to sue him, but she can barely afford her own part of the rent. this is Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing at this point, looking to just break the lease and let them go
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has already moved out, they are not married
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

You can enter into an agreement releasing them from the remaining obligations under the lease in return for the release of the earnest money. Just get it in writing signed by the tenants.

As far as the lawsuit between the 2 tenants, what goes on between the tenants is not your issue.