Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife and I had a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in November 2010

Customer Question

My wife and I had a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in November 2010 and I alone had a Chapter 13 in January 2015 (because of medical bills).
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: NJ, they've all been filed, as far as I know. There were hearings with a judge with both of us for the 7 and with me and the Trustee for mine.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What exactly do you mean by "filed" or "reported"?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to ask about how our payment history on our home mortgage is being reported to Equifax and the others, and if re-affirming our mortgage would help in re-building my wifes' credit.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did you and your wife reaffirm the mortgage in the chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug