Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I took my wedding rings in for repair. When I went back to

Customer Question

I took my wedding rings in for repair. When I went back to get them, the business was closed. The recording on their voice mail says "due to unforeseen circumstances...someone will contact you in the future for you to pick up your merchandise". I saw a post online that the owner is in jail. I just want my rings back. The police offered no assistance. Any ideas?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Illinois. I took the rings 12/10/2016. Went back 12/17/2016. Still nothing.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called the Elmhurst Police Department and asked for help, but the man who answered the phone said it was a civil matter. So, no reports officially.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's all.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 13 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me the approx value of the rings?