Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a TSA Approved thru Delta Airnies Skymiles program

Customer Question

I have a TSA Approved thru Delta Airnies Skymiles program and I want to know if it is valid on other airlines I fly? I am returning home from Punta Gorda, FL to South Bend IN on the 20th of Jan. I will be flying on Allegiant Airlines. Is there a way to find out if i will be offered this or do I need to wait until I get my boarding pass the day before the flight. Thank You.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I believe it is Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am not sure. I think Delta got it for me based on my mileage flown over the years 3mm plus. I didn't realize it until I saw my TSA preapproval on my boarding on my Delta flight bsck in DEC on my flight from SBN to RSW (FT Myers) FL
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think this is everything. I guess what I am asking is the TSA preapproval airline specific or is it valid for any aieline I travel on.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a common misconception. If you did not pay and go for an interview through the TSA PreCheck program, then any time you get precheck on your boarding pass it is merely random and not guaranteed and some airlines do it for frequent fliers and others just do it completely randomly. So, if you have not gone and paid for either TSA Precheck or TSA Known Traveler (Global entry), there is no guarantee that you will keep getting the precheck on your boarding passes.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.