INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I am an Illinois resident and have been Summons by a Florida

Customer Question

I am an Illinois resident and have been Summons by a Florida court regarding unpaid fees on a time share I no longer own. I was the trustee for a relative and the Time Share was sold. How do I respond to a Florida Summons with out an Attorney that practices in Florida.
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: Yes. The seller found that the Trustee Certificate was not filed properly and that has been refiled. I was hoping that it would have cleared before the 20 days and the case would be dropped. But that has not been the case.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The Trustee Certificate has been filed with Orange County Florida.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If you choose to proceed without a lawyer, you can file a simple answer with the aid of the court clerk. In the answer, a form you can get from the court clerk, you would generally the deny the allegations. You may raise defenses as applicable including payment, waiver, lack of jurisdiction, documentary evidence. That is all you need to do. Please let me know if that is clear.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is the name of the form I should ask for?
If I decide to go through an attorney, how do I find he appropriate one to help me.
The form is an answer.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow upKindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.