Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

A friend of mine who is 63 and legally blind, recently was

Customer Question

a friend of mine who is 63 and legally blind, recently was helping out and individual get back on his feet as he was helping her with her situation. Was recently robbed of her bank card and washed clean of her funds by him. I wanted to help her with where she should go from here
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Were located in ABQ NM and she has filed with the bank but has yet to file a police report due to lack of knowledge on what to do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the bank refuses to show her any video or other evidence until she files a police report
Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 4 months ago.

Have them call here and make appointment with detective, likely they will come to friend, this is pretty common.Transportation for friend is probably a problem.Do this ASAP because the bank will return funds and gp after this person for theft.

Police Department

View information about the Police Department.
Police Chief: Gorden Eden (*****@******.***)
400 Roma NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Telephone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

I am so sorry that this happened.I wish your friend and you the best here.

If you can psoitive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.