Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need help finding a lawyer for advice. I was fired on

Customer Question

Hello I need help finding a lawyer for advice. I was fired on false allegation made by a co-worker 02/2014 while in retrain as a city bus driver. I hurt my hand at work and employers would let me go to see a doctor. I tried many times to go on my own. Since the issue was work related doctors could not help me. explaining my injury to employers lead up to a willful termination and discharged me from my employment after 19 years of service and training.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I have been suffering financially an emotionally
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All of this happened in 2014? This is beyond 300 days, which is a problem, since the statute of limitations for wrongful discharge cases in MI is 300 days from date of the action against you. If you did not raise the issue and take them to court over the termination within that time period, I am afraid it is now too late to do so almost 3 years later.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.