Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Second opinion] i got a speeding ticket on dec 27 2016 at

Customer Question

Second opinion] i got a speeding ticket on dec 27 2016 at perry county .On my ticket it is mentioned that NO court apperance is required but on jan 7th 2017 i got a notice to appear to court
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i got a notice saying to appear to the court but on the ticket office mentioned not to appear at the court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just i have a question that whether i should appear to the court or not ?? or just can i mail a cheque to them ??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
anyone there ??
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Call the court and ask to speak to the clerk, because if you got a notice from the court saying you have to be there, the court will be expecting you. You don't want a warrant to issue for your arrest.

Sometimes, the police will write up a ticket but when it's reviewed other issues arise requiring a court appearance. Or it could be a mistake. One way or the other, you need to know for sure and a conversation with the clerk should let you know whether you are on the court calendar after all and whether you can avoid that by simply mailing in a check.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.