RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

It relates to constitutional law, 4th amendment. Is their a

Customer Question

It relates to constitutional law, 4th amendment. Is their a "waiver for privacy" statute? During the past 6 mos. I found by accident that I may be under some form of electronic surveillance, phone, car,person.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I have travel over the holidays, but I am in KS currently.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am checking with the bar association this week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not know where to start... :)
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good morning,

There's not a waiver, per se, but there is no expectation of privacy in certain situations where there would be (not to sound redundant) no expectation of privacy. For example, there is no expectation of privacy in a public setting like a mall or restaurant. Similarly, employers can use audio/video surveillance on employees (often state law requires that they give them notice), so long as the surveillance does not extend into areas where privacy would be expected, such as the locker room and bathrooms.

Of course individuals have an expectation to privacy in places like their own homes.

Was there anything additional I could answer or clarify for you about this matter?

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the Terms of Service by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Thank you!