Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Friday the 6th of jan. 2017 i supposedly signed a contract

Customer Question

friday the 6th of jan. 2017 i supposedly signed a contract for a weight loss program (nutri-most) and after further research i decide i want to cancel it. what are my options here. isigned a application for a medical card to pay for this and was accepted. they never gave me a copy of a signed contract or a cancellation option. plz advise
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your contract should specify whether or not there was a right to cancel the contract and that is the first place you start with this. If the contract does not have any cancellation provision in the contract then in general such contracts are binding and enforceable as written. There is no automatic 3 day cancellation unless the contract provides it for this type of contract.
You have a right to a copy of the contract and if they refuse to provide one, you can file a complaint to the BBB, but legally, under NY law there is no automatic three day right to rescind this type of contract I am afraid.
So, you need to inform the credit company immediately in writing you changed your mind and do not want their credit. Then you need to contact the weight loss company and demand a copy of your contract and negotiate a cancellation or read it for cancellation policy.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.