Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

In Nassau County New York what would be a reasonable Legal

Customer Question

In Nassau County New York what would be a reasonable Legal Fee for a Commercial Variance Application to maintain existing structure with permitted parking; Preparation of Petition and Exhibits; Service on all interested parties; 4 Appearances before Zoning Board; Successful application.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: Nassau County, New York (Village of Hempstead).
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Variance application completed and approved in all respects by Zoning Board.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
There is no set fee. It is likely to be done on an hourly rate which could range from $150/hr to $1500/hr, depending on the level of expertise, size of firm, etc.
That said, there is nothing wrong with negotiating the rate before signing a retainer. If retaining a firm, you can also request or specify that most of the the work be done by associates at lower hourly rates.
The take-away is to not be afraid to negotiate or even suggest a flat fee. Maybe $2500 or whatever you think is fair.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:
http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!