Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

We sent our customer with default account (over 30 days)

Customer Question

we sent our customer with default account (over 30 days) Right to Cure Notice to the address we (and DMV) have on file.
JA: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Repo company found the car on different address, repossessed it. Now the customer said that he did not receive Right to Cure Notice because he doesn't live there any more. He did not notice our dealership (we are the lienholder) about him moving and we did not have his new address
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

So long as you sent the notice to the address the borrower originally provided, and they did not notify you of a change, you have complied with SC law.

Here is the relevant portion of the statute"

(6) For the purposes of this title, the residence of a consumer is the address given by him as his residence in a writing signed by him in connection with a credit transaction. Until he notifies the creditor of a new or different address, the given address is presumed to be unchanged.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Did you have any further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!