Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

How much does a deposition of a plaintiff cost? Breakdown of

Customer Question

How much does a deposition of a plaintiff cost? Breakdown of room, Court reporter, videographer? Just rough estimates if each is fine: what you expect to pay. Thanks.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 13 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 13 days ago.

The party noticing the deposition pays for the court reporter's fees. (The fee will include the original deposition transcript, although parties sometime stipulate that a non-noticing party will take custody of the transcript pending trial. One certified copy is often included as part of this cost.) Expect to pay something in the range of $400 to $800 for a deposition that lasts 2 or 3 hours (approximately 100 pages of transcript). As noted, the reporter's fee is based on the number of pages (as well as exhibits attached to the transcript). Any other party who wishes a certified copy of the transcript must also pay the reporter (usually something in the rough range of $200 to $400 for a 100 page transcript).

This gives you an idea of the fees here.The court reporter once you reach an agreed date and time with other side can issue the subpoena if needed.If it is a party no subpoena needed.

The court reporter can have it in their office if you need space.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here with the deposition.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How about a videographer? Thanks.
Expert:  Ray replied 13 days ago.

Add another $100 or so.But thats no problem the reporter can do that as well.

It helps because the judge can see the witness and demeanor.