Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I have been married since 2008 and have 2 children with him.

Customer Question

Hi, so I have been married since 2008 and have 2 children with him. We have been separated since 2008 and I have had 2 other children since then. I have tried to get divorced from him for some years now and can't. The courts cant locate him and the judge wont grant my divorce because he owes me so much in child support and there has been abuse involved. I am happily involved with a great man now and I am trying to move on, but I feel like this is holding me back. What can I do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Actually I filed for divorce and had a lawyer who I paid but he didn't do anything to help me get my divorce. All steps were taken and still I am married. I have a decree but the judge won't sign off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

The court should grant you a divorce here.You need a lawyer to revisit this with the judge.Child support could be separated out here.I am assumed the ex was served here in person or by publication.Please don't give up the lawyer can get this revived and finalized.It is not uncommon for exes to disappear.You can overcome this with a new lawyer.The court would grant the divorce here and resolve the issues of the marriage.I would urge you to obtain a new lawyer who will push this to resolution.It has been long enough and you want to move on with your life.This is not something that should hold you hostage.

Be persistent and consider a new lawyer to complete this.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

New lawyer for you here

Lawyer Referral Service  

Attorney · St. Johns

Address: Austin, TX 78752

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>