LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Please, I got a OVI last night and I had one in 2010 that

Customer Question

Hi, please, I got a OVI last night and I had one in 2010 that was reduced to wreckless operation. Is it possible to have it reduced again?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed or reported? the police told me to go to court Tuesday?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a registered nurse in Ohio & I have to make this go away to practice in Ohio
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you already had one reduced back in 2010, there is going to need to be a legal basis, for it to happen again. By that, I mean your attorney will need and want to work the case an see if you have any defenses and/or if the State has enough evidence, to provide the charge against you beyond a reasonable doubt. If the State gave you a break one and reduced this they are not simply going to do it again unless there is a basis for it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No please answer here

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

Please see above

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What sort of basis is exceptable in this situation?

The State is going to need a legal basis. As I shared, if there are defenses you have, which can make them have problems proving their case, they may reduce or amend the charge, to get something, instead of nothing. Same goes for a weak case they may have.