How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 115449
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Afraid it's a stupid question. Missouri, I filed a complaint

Customer Question

Afraid it's a stupid question.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed a complaint with the city.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Again... May be a stupid question. It's about whether the city or the company the city hired... should cover damage to my personal property. Does that help?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the city hired a contractor to do work, the contractor is liable to you for the damages to your vehicle. The city is liable to provide you the information regarding the contractor and you need to contact the contractor to notify them of the damage. If the contractor fails to respond, then the contractor is the party you sue for the damages, as the contractor is liable. In city contracts, the contractors sign an indemnification waiver and have to post an insurance bond, which means they agree to take on all liability for damages they cause. So you need to sue the company for your damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Legal Questions