Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been selective targeted/harassed by code enforcement.

Customer Question

I have been selective targeted/harassed by code enforcement . they are using inspecions to constantly harass me because I have engaged in other disputes with the city.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: th city ordinances are often contradictory and prone to selective use and interpretation and I have reviewed all the ordinances and they are not applicable.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: also I have tried to remedy this matter with no resolve. they also did not serve proper notice and although when I was first served the paer indicated 30 days to comply yet I had to appear before the special magistrate 12 days from the noticed and was fined
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was baffled that the special magistrate upheld the code enforcement assessment and I would like to know what can I do legally. No one at the city is helping with the matter or providing information on how to come into compliance with these unsubstantiated claims.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
At this point I was told that I can only appeal in circuit court. but I think that it not only warrants that but a civil suit.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a specific question about your situation?