How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55406
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the Bronx over a barbershop that plays music token

Customer Question

Hello, I live in the Bronx over a barbershop that plays music token loudly. Short version- pleas have not worked. They also have 2 pool tables. Not sure if all activities there are legal. What can I do legally to get some tranquility? Thank you.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NYC in NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. We've apprised the super and landlord of the situation.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We're in a residential area and this is a business. I suspect the laws are different between commercial and residential areas. The situation has been ongoing.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

You can do the following:

1. file a police report complaint.

2. if others bothered, have them do so too.

3. community board complaint.

4. lawyer cease and desist letter.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

You could also sue for nuisance and an injunction, but the above options are normally sufficient.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you so much. What is the landlord's responsibility?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

Landlord has to ensure quiet enjoyment and ensure the public is not disturbed.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome. Have a nice weekend.

Kindly click on a 5 star rating.

Related Legal Questions