Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had water damage in my house. I received close to 30,

Customer Question

I had water damage in my house. I received close to 30, 000.00 from my home owner's insurance to get home fixed. Because the claim was over 20,000.00, funds needed to be forwarded to my mortgage to company for the process to be monitored. Since I have one child with special needs and another who is asthmatic, I was put up in a hotel for
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: four months while the house was being worked on. I live in New Jersey.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The contractor was given 4000.00 as a deposit by me. He had to send
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: documents and irs paperwork to the mortgage company to receive additional monies. Unfortunately he did paperwork wrong three separate times. This caused his installments to be severely delayed. I am sorry I didnt see your message please connect me.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The last thing I have is "Since I have one child with special needs and another who is asthmatic, I was put up in a hotel for..."

Please finish - what happened, and what is your question?