Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by

Customer Question

good morning my name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we have an issue of public legal access between 2 roads. as property owners we would like the county to connect.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we are in CA it is a public right of way and it is on the maps since 1982 date of recording
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also have in writing that the county will push the road thru however turned it over to me and now it looks like they want me to spend about $50k
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the county also has in writing granted me the rights to do this work as is. I will use the term "just get it done and go on with life"
I am now having to deal with threats and huge fees.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Here is the start of the email chain.Magee, Robert <*****@******.***>4/21/16to me, Patricia
Michael,I will be working with Transportation on setting up a field trip to look at your situation. One possible option might be to remove the boulders between El Baquero & Via Pacifico and install (or allow property owners to install) a gate. Is that something you and your neighbors could support?Robert E. MageeDistrict Directormike Tapocik
4/21/16Sent to neighbors. All said yes. Thank you MikeMagee, Robert <*****@******.***>4/21/16to me, PatriciaAlright…..I’ll stay in touch.From: Michael Tapocik [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:16 AM
To: ***** *****
Subject: Re: El Baquero Access Points
Mike Tapocik
4/21/16
Thank you Also someone was talking pics yesterday and spoke with the neighbor...
6 older messagesMichael Tapocik
5/5/16Good morning Just curious about yesterday MikeMagee, Robert <*****@******.***>5/5/16to me, PatriciaMichael,Patty Romo, County Transportation Director and I met on site yesterday and reviewed your requests/situation. We have come up with the following:1. El Toro Gate: This can be locked. Patty will coordinate with Sheriff & Fire and we’d ask you to coordinate with your neighbors.2. El Baquero at Valle Pacifio. Patty will arrange for the boulders to be removed and a gate placed allowing you and your neighbors access through this point. Again we would ask that you coordinate with your neighbors and any help you could offer with the last home on Valle Pacifico would be greatly appreciated. He can of course always call me directly.We will work on moving this plan forward unless you and your neighbors have any objections.Bob
Expert:  Ray replied 18 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 18 days ago.

Can you give me more is the county waffling on doing the work to make this accessible to the property owners?Have you considered a lawyer and at least threat of lawsuit here?Some more information please so I may assist you today, thanks.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Good morning Ray
I did send the start of the email chain. I will be meeting with a county council man this morning to see. I am strongly leaning towards a lawsuit.
I will forward more docs and maps later today.
Thank you
Expert:  Ray replied 18 days ago.

No problem talk to you then, this might be a breach of contract if you were promised this and they breached their agreement to do it.