Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My son was almost killed when the tire flew of his car

Customer Question

My son was almost killed when the tire flew of his car coming back home for Christmas after visiting inlays. I had a mechanic do the work, because I have a deal with him to trade labor. He works mechanically on my cars and I'll paint his 1976 Camaro Bandit T Top. The one seen in the movie Bandit.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: OHIO, I had a 1997 Toyota Lexus in his shop twice. First to fix a CV axle that went bad. He talked me into replacing both of them. The new one on the right broke but didn't need replaced. I figured it would be best to replace both. The were not OEM but gotten from Ebay. The right as I said shattered in the shaft of the front axle housing. We decided to put the right one that was still good back in. To make a long story short, I do mechanical and the mechanic saw it and gave me a excuse as to why it broke. His technician was the last to work of it and now I
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: am out of a vehicle. I figure I am going to have to make a small claims. I also figure since I am a certified Auto Body Technician and do mechanical I'll have to fix it. i want him to purchase the parts. I will meet him face-to-face to tell him this. I now am a Pastor in the Presbyterian Church and do my trade on the side and this has set me back tremendously. What are your thoughts. No nothing has been filed yet as it happened on the 25th of December. I had to think about how to handle this as professionally as I can.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not at this time as I'll be able to convey more when I'm connected.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If his negligent work caused damage to your vehicle, then he is liable for paying the costs of repairs for the damage his negligent work caused. If he refuses to pay the cost of the repairs, you can take him to small claims court to sue him for the amount of the damages and you need to keep receipts and pictures of the damage and repairs for your evidence to prove your case in court.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.