Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] I signed a contract for a home remodeling

Customer Question

Second opinion] I signed a contract for a home remodeling project. The contractor/subcontractors stole jewelry and the the project has taken 4 months to partially complete (master bathroom). There is additional work to be done. What grounds can I cancel the contract
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: and does the 3 day cooling off period apply? I did not receive paper work No I did file a report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can terminate the contract by citing breach of contract if the work has not been completed by the time stated in your contract.

As for the theft of your jewelries, it would be difficult for you to prove that they stole the jewelries unless you have cameras installed that caught them in the act.

Goodluck with your case,