Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

That was quick! I wanted to know the charge for this

Customer Question

That was quick! I wanted to know the charge for this service
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. I have a contract for a Champion sired puppy who was sold to a family in Mo. They refuse to pay or return the puppy. I can't get info from law enforcement. I also can't get anyone in Arkansas to serve someone in Mo.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they will not return the puppy and are located in MO, unless your contract with them specified jurisdiction for any breach of contract is in Arkansas, you have to sue them in MO where they reside to obtain personal jurisdiction over them for a court to bind them to a judgment. Absent a Arkansas jurisdiction clause in your contract, you would need to file a civil action for "replevin and detinue" in the court in MO (return of your property or payment). You would then have a process server in MO serve them.
If your contract does have an Arkansas jurisdiction clause, then to serve them in MO, you would need to hire a professional process server in MO to serve them the complaint and summons.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.