Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a General Contractor and i placed an order at home

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My name is Nektarios,
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am a General Contractor and i placed an order at home depot for appliances end of November
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The delivery was supposed to happen in the begining on December 6.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Then they send me on December 12 some of my order. The rest were postponed for December 19 but got delivered only 1 more appliance and the last one was told for December 21. Still didn't get the last appliance and i got a penalty to pay for the delay to the owner.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the item you ordered was not delivered by the promised delivery date, then absent some problem like a manufacturing shortage, you can demand reimbursement from Home Depot and you can terminate the contract with them and seek the appliance elsewhere. If they have kept promising delivery and have not made it and will not reimburse you for the penalties you are paying for the delay, then you can sue Home Depot in court to recover the money you lost because they have breached their contract with you failing to deliver when promised.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the quick response.

Thank you for your reply.